I wish you were here.
To tell you that I've missed you.
Thank you for what you have given me...
Your subtle generosity was not lost on me.
I saw everything you did
And probably nothing at the same time.
You are beautiful.
The maroon case for your Bible
Never far away.
The smiles you gave me - genuine.
The love you shared - true.
The home you opened to me - welcoming.
The courage you gave me - irreplaceable.
I wish you were here.
I would show you wedding photos.
Introduce you to my husband.
Laugh when you laugh
When he tries to say hello in your language.
I still have the book you gave me.
Titled plainly, simply, "Miasty".
You knew I loved to travel.
And hoped that I would love this book as well.
I did.
I do.
I just wish you were here so I could tell you.
I wish I could explain how much you changed my life.
How honestly comforting your eyes were
And how I knew you knew
Exactly how I felt
With just a glance.
Every morning you would say, "Dzien dobry"
In return to my greeting.
"Spacz dobrze?" I would ask.
Nodding your head, you smiled.
"Tak, tak."
I wish you were here.
I miss your voice.
So comforting.
So like home.
You cooked like a chef.
Your soups delectable,
Your salatki scrumptious.
You taught me how to cook,
How to take a chance.
How to leave the rest up to God.
You said my family is beautiful.
I wish you were here,
So I could tell you that yes,
Yes they are.
And so are you.
I wish you were here.
I would wrap my arms around you,
Ask you how you were,
Take pictures.
Experience moments of pure joy
With you.
I wish you were here.
Here's the simple,
Honest-to-goodness truth:
I miss you.
I love you.
I wish you were here.
Dozobacienia, Halina.
I'll see you again soon.
This is beautiful Ruth. :)
ReplyDeleteVery very nice. Wonderful job. Keep on writing--and caring.
ReplyDeleteWonderfully written. You captured the heart of what it is too miss someone. I know you will see her again someday. I hope for you. Love you, sis.
ReplyDelete